Monday, April 13, 2009

The Wire

So I am almost done with the first season of The Wire, so I don't want to talk to much about it, nor read all about what happens during the rest of the season. I do like it so far, but I am not really sure if it is literary or not, and what the different interpretations of the show are. I will say that at first the characters and the plot seemed way too complex to understand the story, but it all kind of dissolves into one cohesive story so far.
The good and unrelated news is that in an issue of Entertainment Weekly from last week (which I picked up because Harry Potter was on the cover) Frank Booth came in at number 13 on the list of the top 20 villains. Why? Because "he is a monstrous, gas-sucking unleashed id who dares you to identify him." And his evil move? " His nitrous-fueled. mommy-issued assault on Isabella Rossellini. Please don't make us describe it in more detail." I think that pretty much sums up all of our studies on Frank. Nicely done EW.

No comments:

Post a Comment