Monday, April 6, 2009

I know it's a bit early but...

I was reading Clint's post and began thinking about what I should've been doing (Government) but instead was listening to ICE CUBE, Biggie Smalls, Snoop, and Dre and realized that they "wrote what they knew". While the man decides what's appropriate  Nabokov and Biggie are writing exactly what they know, Nabokov writing beauty "My heart beat like a drum as she sat down, cool skirt ballooning, subsiding, on the sofa next to me, and played with her glossy fruit. She tossed it up into the sun dusted air and caught it---it made a cupped polished plop." and Snoop and Dre writing about being hard on the streets "Welcome back to Vietnam, California. Ain't a damn thing changed, so let me warn you. Every motherfuckin' minute you on the west side, the best side, 20 niggas that just died. Walkin' down the streets of L.A. Stay strapped cause niggas bust caps everyday, yo the 187 don't stop, on undercover cops." Perhaps that advice when used in the right context isn't quite so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment