Monday, February 16, 2009

Blue Velvet

I will have to say that my favorite part of this movie was at the very beginning when the camera zoomed in on the grass and then the bugs. That was awesome because everything felt so disproportional, and just generally strange. I am not sure if this was part of what we were supposed to be paying attention to or not, but that was the part that really got my attention. I just loved how the camera would focused on the weirdest and seemly meaningless things, like the water hose at the beginning. I am glad that we get to watch the movie over and over again, because I know I had to be missing something. I know we are not supposed to have any background information on the movie, but I could not stop my roommate from telling me the movie was a big failure. I am not quite sure, I guess I just didn't get it. I am still trying to put together my thoughts on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment