Monday, February 16, 2009

Blue Velvet-not a fan

I watched Blue Velvet this afternoon (thanks to Clint and his hospitality!) and my initial reaction was, "what the fuck?" Sorry for the vulgarity, but that was my honest reaction. I know I was not alone because the people I watched with had similar reactions as well. I thought that as the movie progressed-or at least towards the end-everything would fall into place. That
definitely was NOT the case. My initial confusion continued throughout the whole movie. At the end, I was left not understanding many (most) aspects of the movie and I had no idea what the whole point was. Blue Velvet didn't leave me disturbed, happy, sad, or satisfied. I'm not really sure what to feel.

I have to agree with Belinda--definitely not one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment