Monday, March 2, 2009

Reading Lolita in Tehran...Ideas

I also decided to blog about Reading Lolita in Tehran. And although I just started this book today, I’m enjoying it like many of the other people in class. I’m not sure if I would have chosen this on my own, unless someone highly recommended it to me; but still, it’s a pretty good read so far. Earlier I saw some posts on Twitter about us reading this before Lolita and how it gives away much of the plot or main idea of Lolita itself. As I was telling my sister about class earlier, I realized that by us reading this first (or for me at least) I’d almost be forced to make observations about anything before I even had the chance to analyze or interpret the actual story itself! I’m not sure if anyone else touched on this b/c I haven’t had a chance to read through all of the blogs. I just felt relieved when I thought of this because I could not understand why we’d be reading this first and I hate “having the ending ruined for me”, (not that this book actually does that), but you know what I mean. I feel like I've noticed things about the book Lolita that I may have missed by reading it first, if that makes any sense. I just thought it was cool that I realized I was making observations before I could interpret what I was reading, which has been crazy trying to get my mind to work in that order!

No comments:

Post a Comment