Monday, May 4, 2009

What I'll Remember

One thing that I am sure I will take with me from this class is the Observe, Analyze, Interpret method. I am one of those people who always tries to get meaning first, and this class has shown me that you really get a better idea of what things are about when you don't go about them backwards. 
Another thing I won't forget is "The Sentence is a Lonely Place." Even now, as I read, when I come across a really striking sentence, I notice the physical appearance of the letters and words, as well as alliteration and other, more conventional things.  
Lastly, I will leave this class with a permanently altered perception of the concept of Literature. In this class, we have analyzed many diverse works and come up with valid arguments of literacy for each of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment